This website (available at the following addresses
https://www.cia-france.com.) is published by the Centre International d’Antibes (CIA – Institut Prévert)
https://www.cia-france.ru/policy-privacy/, a simplified joint stock company (SAS) with a share capital of €120,000, entered in the Trade Register (RCS) of Antibes under number 391 222 197, headquartered at 9B avenue de la Concorde – 06600 ANTIBES (Tel. +33(0)4 92 90 71 70 email: [email protected]).
In its capacity as data controller, the CIA – Institut Prévert
which operates this website (available at the following addresses)
undertakes to comply with the data protection provisions of the European Regulation on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data (GDPR) and the French data protection act of 6 January 1978 as amended (loi n°78-17 relative à l’informatique, aux fichiers et aux libertés).
The CIA – Institut Prévert is a French foreign language school teaching the French language to foreign students and, in particular, offers courses for adults, language camps for kids and teens and short stays for school groups.
In operating this website and for business purposes it collects and processes personal data.
1. Reminder of legal definitions
any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
Processing of personal data:
any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction
the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law.
2. Compliance with the principles governing the processing of personal data
The CIA – Institut Prévert complies with the principles of lawfulness, fairness and transparency of data processing, of specified explicit, and legitimate purposes, of minimization and accuracy of data, as well as of integrity and confidentiality and storage limitation.
In this instance any processing by the CIA – Institut Prévert for the purposes of operating its website has the following purposes :
- Managing and monitoring the services offered on its website i.e. :
- Subscribing and unsubscribing from its newsletter ;
- Managing and monitoring requests for quotes ;
- Managing and monitoring requests information;
- Managing and monitoring the organization of events ;
- Measuring and analyzing site traffic ;
- Managing and monitoring data relating to exercising the rights of data subjects.
This processing is required for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or for the performance of pre-contractual measures taken at their request and as such implemented with the consent of the data subject for one or more purposes.
The data collected are limited to the information required for those purposes. Where providing certain data is required, this is indicated in the collection form, in principle in the form of an asterisk, along with any consequences arising from failing to submit a response.
The following data are collected:
- Last name
- First name
- Email adress
- Telephone number
- Copy of proof of identity
They are intended for use by the CIA – Institut Prévert and any staff with the authority for the purposes specifically set out above.
Data are stored for a limited period depending on the purpose :
- subscribing and unsubscribing from its newsletter: until the data subject unsubscribes;
- managing and monitoring requests for quotes: for the period of the precontractual and contractual relationship should the quote be accepted, plus any period required under law;
- managing and monitoring requests for information: for the period of the precontractual relationship, plus any period required under law;
managing and monitoring event organization: for the contractual relationship, plus any period required under law;
- Measuring and analyzing site traffic: 90 days
- Managing and monitoring requests by data subjects to exercise their rights: for the period required to process the request plus any period required under law.
Should the CIA – Institut Prévert intend to process personal data at a later date for a purpose other than that for which the personal data have been collected, it undertakes to first provide the data subject with information relating to this purpose and any other relevant information.
The CIA – Institut Prévert undertakes to ensure the security of collected data through the implementation of the appropriate technical and organizational measures.
3. Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject you have the right :
- To request access, rectification or erasure (right to be forgotten) of your personal data processed by the CIA-Institut Prévert
- To object to processing on legitimate grounds;
- To the portability of your data;
- To withdraw your consent at any time where the processing of your data is based on this consent, without undermining the legality of any processing to which you have consented and performed prior to the withdrawal of such consent;
- To submit a complaint to a data protection authority:En France l’autorité de contrôle est la Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) – 3 Place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 PARIS Cedex 07 (Tél. 01 53 73 22 22).
In France the data protection authority is the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) – 3 Place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 PARIS Cedex 07 (Tel. 01 53 73 22 22).
In order to exercise your rights you may contact the data controller of the CIA – Institut Prévert, by :
- Sending an email to the following address: [email protected] ;
- Sending a letter by post to the following address: Centre International d’Antibes, 38 bd d’aguillon 06600 Antibes, France
In both scenarios, a copy of proof of identity must be sent with the request. Otherwise we will be unable to process your request.
In accordance with the banner displayed on the page when opening the website, the user of the website acknowledges that they have been notified of the CIA – Institut Prévert's use of
on its website.
is generally a small piece of data, identified by a name – a text file – which is installed on your device (computer, tablet, mobile phone) via your browser when you visit a website or click on an ad.
Its purpose is to collect information on the user's browsing and send customized services in return.
The relevant web browser stores the cookie for 90 days and sends it to the internet server each time the user logs on.
have a range of purposes such as memorizing the user's preferences, a client's user name, the content of a shopping cart, an identifier tracking browsing for statistical or advertising purposes for example.
is unique. Only the
issuer can read or modify the information contained within it.
There are two types of cookies
: these are temporary and erased as soon as the web browser or web site is closed ;
: these remain on the user's device until their expiry date or until they are erased by the user.
The CIA – Institut Prévert uses several cookies in order to optimize the user's browsing experience on its website.
used by this website :
that are essential in order for the site to function
enable the website and its basic functions to be used, such as the display, browsing between the pages and access to secure areas. The website cannot function properly without these
- Functional or preference
are used to memorize settings chosen by the user such as language, location etc.
for measuring audience and performance or statistics
- Enable the website publisher to gather clickstream data on the user’s browsing history, to produce statistics and traffic volumes on the various web pages
for interaction with social media
These cookies used to interact with social media on the website (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.).
NB: sharing content from the website on the main social networks is likely to enable these networks to identify you and track your browsing on our website, even if you have not used the corresponding button when browsing but simply due to the fact that your personal account on the relevant social network is open on your device whilst you are browsing our website.
It is your responsibility to read the personal data protection policies of each of these social networks in order to familiarize yourself with how your data will be used; the CIA – Institut Prévert has no control over the processes used by them in this area.
By clicking on the link in the warning banner on the home page of this website, you can configure the use of the cookies to which you consent.
The procedure is described in the help menu of your browser, which will tell you how to change your