30 lessons of 45 minutes a week
30 French classes a week is a substantial commitment which requires real motivation. This course has been developed for students who want to learn to speak French for pleasure or work and make rapid progress.
The morning module offers tuition in general written and spoken French in a motivated and relaxed atmosphere.It is in the afternoon that the word “intensive course” takes on its significance. In a group of no more than 6 people you will be challenged to find explanations and defend a position you have chosen. You will have to pay attention, spot your interlocutors’ questions and start to manage your automatic responses. As such it's an intensive exercise: this is where you develop your linguistic reactions, this is where you learn to speak French without thinking. It is in France, in the country itself, that intensive classes become relevant.
Monday to Friday, 9 am to 12.20 pm (including a 20-minute break)
In the morning written and spoken French is taught using dynamic and fairly intense teaching methods. Learning the required grammar points for each level, speaking and writing, reading and listening comprehension, role plays etc: here is an overview of morning activities.
Tuesday to Friday, 2 pm to 4 pm (including a 15-minute break)
The afternoon classes in small groups are based on developing listening comprehension and spoken expression. Active and stimulating teaching methods are used, involving full student participation.
Moreover, these classes familiarize students with French life, culture and civilization. Indeed, learning a modern foreign language is not restricted to the classroom! This is why learning opportunities may be organized outside (discussions with inhabitants, interviews etc.).
As such, the intensive course is an ideal opportunity to talk to other learners, offer a point of view on current affairs, consolidate your pronunciation and much more!
The afternoon timetable provides opportunities for everyone to speak without worrying about their limitations or shyness.
Class size: a maximum of 12 students in the morning and 6 in the afternoon
Course start dates: every Monday except complete beginners
Price per week
|1 week||2 - 4 weeks||5 weeks +|
Staying 5 weeks or more?
Discover our packages for Long stay courses
Standard Course + single room in the residence 320€ /per week.
Standard Course + double room in the residence 253€ / per week.
We will encourage you to speak French throughout your stay!
• There are no lessons on the first Monday of your stay. You will take a test of written and oral French in the morning to assess your language level and assign you to a class. At the beginning of the afternoon there will be a briefing and a guided tour of the town.
• Course location: In general lessons are held at the “Le Château” school. When this school has reached maximum capacity, students take their lessons at the “Le Port” school.
• No lessons on public holidays : Apr 18 | May 26 | June 06 | July 14 | Aug. 08 | Nov. 11 | Nov. 11
• Christmas break :
2021/2022: Dec 17 - Jan 03
2022/2023: Dec 16 - Jan 02
• Special dates for complete beginners:
2021: Sep 20 | Oct 04 | Oct 18 | Nov 08 | Nov 29
2022: Jan 03 | Jan 24 | Feb 21 | Mar 07 | Mar 21 | Apr 04 | Apr 25 | May 02 | Mai 16 | June 06 | June 20 | July 04 | July 18 | Aug 01 | Aug 22 | Sep 05 | Sep 19 | Oct 03 | Oct 17 | Nov 07 | Nov 28
Why choose the intensive course 30 at Centre International d’Antibes?
• On the first Monday of your language stay, after an induction meeting, the morning will be spent on a written French test alongside a short oral interview which will enable the teaching department to create classes based on levels. You will be briefed on life in France.
• From Tuesday to Friday, in the afternoon you can take an intensive module which is intended as the perfect add-on to the morning classes boosting your confidence in speaking in a small amount of time. You will find it much easier to communicate in France.
• A pedagogical and administrative team that will do everything possible to ensure the success of your language immersion and make your stay with us in Antibes as pleasant as possible.
• Passionate and qualified teachers, the implementation of an active pedagogy and dynamic teaching which will allow you to fully put into practice your conversational French, a necessary condition to improve your level.
• This intensive class offers two hours per day, in small groups (no more than 6 people) in order to encourage you to speak and build on your oral competencies and knowledge of the various aspects of life and culture in France (gastronomy, art, history of the region, local and national traditions etc.)
• You will benefit from a grammatical guide offered by the school which has been specially written by our pedagogical team for foreign students. In addition, online activities and exercises (grammar, vocabulary, ...) can be carried out free of charge on our pedagogical website, Le Français et Vous.
• Your afternoon teacher coordinates with your morning teacher to make your work as efficient as possible.
• It involves various and pleasant activities to encourage oral expression, which allows oral practice of the points that have been studied in the morning class. You will be able to improve your pronunciation, develop your vocabulary and gain more confidence.
• The intensive course includes 23 hours of French in total and ends at 4 pm so that you can continue to explore Antibes and the Côte d’Azur.
• On Monday afternoon there is a guided tour of Antibes with a school staff member who will share the secrets of this town with you.
Would you like to learn or improve your French, take a vacation while enjoying the pleasant Mediterranean weather and socializing with students of your age group from around the world?