Description du poste et de la mission
Job and mission description
We’re a French language school for international students located in Antibes. This summer we’re launching an English immersion camp within one of our campsites and are currently looking for talented bilingual counselors to participate in this new, exciting adventure!
Vos principales responsabilités, vos principales tâches
Your main responsibilities, your main duties
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your campers’ safety and their whereabouts at all times.
- Only communicate with students in English.
- Supervise students during wake-up, meal times and lights out, along with your fellow team members.
- Supervise the arrival and departure of participants to and from the site.
- Lead and accompany students on excursions, social and evening activities.
- Respond to general emergencies and maintain proper levels of student discipline.
- Imagine, propose, set up and lead new activities adapted to language learners including sports, arts & crafts, dance, large scale games, etc.
- Assist with and participate in the development and implementation of program activities for campers.
- Decorate and personalize the camp site, ensure that it is kept clean, organized, and free of litter following the guidelines of the Site Director.
- Help set up and/or pack up the site.
- Set a good example to campers and others in regard to general camp procedures and practices including sanitation, schedule, and sportsmanship.
- Maintain good public relations with camper parents/guardians.
- Perform other duties directly related with day-to-day operation of the camp as assigned.
- Experience working with children/teenagers.
- Experience working in camps, youth programs, or in a related field.
Vos compétences professionnelles
Your professional skills
- You are a native or fluent speaker of English, ideally, fluent in French too.
- You have the capacity to create, plan and organize sporting/social activities (knowledge of the rules and organization of sports/games would also be useful).
Vos compétences personnelles
Your personal skills
- You wish to work with children of all ages.
- You are enthusiastic, energetic, organized, adaptable.
- You are able to work as a member of a team in a multicultural environment and able to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- You have the physical ability to participate in all camp activities and to maintain constant supervision of campers.
- You can respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid, and assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury).
Nous vous proposons
- Full-board accommodation and catering.
- Be part of a team of international counselors that promotes positivity and creativity!
- Shared housing with other counselors, bedding included.
- Free laundry services available
- Be eligible to work in France
- Clear criminal history
- Please kindly indicate your availability for June July or August (or all 3) in your cover letter.
- Attendance of Camp Counselor Orientation Week is mandatory.